Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Nelson!!!

Well...

I now live in Nelson...

Things I don't like about Nelson:
*Food prices... A comparison... ave hamilton shop for four people for a week $3.20... Ave Nelson shop for four people for a week $3.2 million...(Auckland in the middle!)
*Prices of everything else... even the No. 1 shoe warehouse is more expensive
*Isolation... the nearest Borders is 5 hours drive away
*Lack of up to date travel books in the public library...
*Its too hot
*Kevin's dvd player is broken
*The travel agency is far, far away
*Hamilton is even further away!

Things I like about Nelson:
*My brother is here
*Free bags at Pak'N'Save
*Extreme natural beauty
*The movie theatre is really cute!!! Like old fashioned leather seats and stuff
*Because it is a popular backpacker/ traveller destination it is set up for them - therefore it has a cool 'feel'
*Near my favourite cafe in the entire world (Up The Garden Path in Motueka) is nearby
*Church looks like eastside so I can pretend I'm back in Hamilton
*My mates are obliged to visit me and go on roadtrips
*Not a huge selection of lollies at pak'n'save so I will spend less on lollies and have an amazing waistline
*Amazing swimming holes extremely close
*Nice beaches
*It's not auckland (:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey laura, stoked to see it is all going well for you, and for your travel plans in the future, sounds fun, and way more fun that your stupid old school

jacqui said...

Things I don't like about Nelson:
It's so far away from Jacqui