Sunday, August 3, 2008

My new book!!!!

Yesterday was a very special day in my life...

As anyone who know me well is aware, I am slightly obsessed with reading. Yoou are also probably aware that I spend far too much time finding out stuff on world issues, and other things that grab my fancy either temporarily or permanantly...
I LOVE books and I am madly, deeply, truly in head over heals love with Borders bookstore...

I usually refrain from buying myself a book at Borders, and allow that pleasure only for when I am buying gifts. As a result I am a member of three libraries, and also use the school library, the national library and the OMF library from time to time, as well as the wonderful internet... This means that I don't need to buy books, but can alwas be surrounded by them... I also buy and aquire them second hand, and find them as gifts, which all cement the reason I try not to succumb to the temptations of Borders...

On Friday however this became too much for me to bear.

I found out that Borders was having a sale especially for teachers (and students)....

I turned up there, armed and ready to buy my brother a 21st pressie, and *maybe* indulge in a book for myself. Unfortunately, I started to read. Then, out of no where, a nice lady told me over the intercome that Borders was closing in five minutes... So alas no book...

Until I found myself there on Saturday... And then I saw it!!! A book to call my own

So I am the owner of a brand new book, called "Troubled Water" by Anita Roddick... Its a book about how people (especially in third world countries) are effected by a lack or overabundance of water... It looks at the political evils surrounding water... it is super good and I have learned stuff...

I still haven't found Kevin a present yet

No comments: