Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Advocate...

It has been an interesting wake up in the last couple of days, where I came to the realisation that what I am doing is more of a focus on ministry than God, and that is a bad place to be. I also reflected and meditated, and realised that Christ was not as central as He should be in my life, and that I was trying to be the one in control.

I wanted to meditate more on the person of Christ, and less of 'things' happening around me, and found a list of names/ titles/ roles of Christ. The first one that really struck out to me was advocate. As you know, I am a sucker for justice, rights and therefore advocacy, but I honestly have never thought of Christ as my advocate.

In 1 John 2:1 it says "My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One"

That is amazing - to think we have Christ advocating for us. If we sin, we have Christ defending us - wow! It has given me so much peace, and such a new found admiration of Christ, to know He is advocating for me, even when I am screwing up, and running around in circles....

1 comment:

Laura said...

hope we are all following me at my new blog lauraswanderings.blogspot.com