Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Recessravel

Travel in the recession...

I have found that with the Euro and NZD not being very good friends anymore I am having to scale back my trip. My time in Europe/ Asia/ USA is set though, so I am looking at newer, more exciting ways to cut costs, but still have a super time. These are some ways so far:

- Couch surfing. I have been hosting people, and it is truely the greatest invention ever. Meeting people around the world, and staying places for free... my two favourite things in the world combined... Check it out at www.couchsurfing.org

- Vaughan Village (ok, so I was gonna do this anyway) - Speaking English with people in exchange for four star room and board in Spain... in other words, free food and accomodation for talking!

- Free things to do in ________ I am researching free things to do in major cities. So far I am part way through Paris, as I figured that would be my most expensive. The list so Far:


Seine River walk
Notre Dame
Le Musee De Parfum (AKA Fragonard museum)
Friday 3pm Fashion show at Galleries Lafayette department store
Visit a gardens
See sights at night when lit up
Friday nights at Louvre for students is free (I have an ID :) )
Pére-Lachaise Cemetery (like a million famous people, from Chopin to Van Morrison buried here)
Sacre-couer choir rehearsals Sunday one hour 9.45
Free walking tour (by you know who)
Hike with rando-panameurs monthly
Musee cognacq-Jay (old-school mansion muesuem)
Visit Victor Hugo's house
Visit the museum of Marie Curee

And it aint even finished!

1 comment:

Room R said...

Sounds awesome. I hope when you travel you blog hard out with lots of photos!